Introduction to the Nutritional Value of Bamboo Shoot
We are talking about the young soft part of bamboo which people identify as bamboo shoots or bamboo shoots. Due to its medicinal and nutritional value, bamboo is a popular food among the hill tribes of Bangladesh besides South Asia. Research says that this vegetable works to reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer by lowering cholesterol levels in the body. And according to nutritionists, bamboo is also effective in curing constipation, asthma, cold fever, and diabetes. Today, we will learn about the medicinal and nutritional value of bamboo shoots.
Description of Bamboo Shoots
Bamboo shoots or new bamboo shoots that germinate many bamboo species come out of the soil. Due to their low-fat content, people consider bamboo stems as healthy food in many South Asian countries. Again, sellers sell bamboo shoots in processed form in fresh, dried, or canned form. The use of bamboo as a traditional food is mainly in the northeastern region of India. And edible bamboo shoots with some of the most popular vegetables in different countries of the world increase nutrition many times.
Properties and Efficacy of Bamboo Shoots
Research shows that beta carotene matches vitamins like thiamine, riboflavin, folic acid, ascorbic acid, pyridoxine, and polyquinane bamboo shoots. In addition to minerals like calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, and phosphorus, there are flavonoids and antioxidants. Bamboo shoots work in the production of hormones in the thyroid and pituitary glands. The presence of high fiber and phytosterol works to reduce blood fat and cholesterol levels.
Benefits and Nutritional Value of Bamboo Shoot
- Nutritional Value: Bamboo shoots are packed with fiber, vitamins, minerals, especially anti-cancer properties that exist there. It contains chlorophyll flavonoids amyloids, which play a very important role in preventing breast cancer, colon cancer, and stomach cancer. Bamboo shoots contain mainly tyrosine, arginine histidine, and amino acid which are working to facilitate metabolism. Lastly, a person consuming bamboo shoots does not need to worry about the calorie amount as the calorie count does not exceed the figure of 20 for every 100 grams of bamboo shoots.
- Heart Care: Bamboo shoots when consumed as boiled or fermented help in clearing clogged arteries and dissolve bad or LDL cholesterol.
- Immune System: Bamboo shoots can help in reducing the chance of viral and bacterial infections at the time of winter. These shoots also boost the functions of the brain and make it sharper.
- Child Delivery Helper: Bamboo shoots can help pregnant women to deliver children normally by stimulating uterine contractions. It relieves the various complications of the period of our mothers and sisters, especially the irregular period, and it is very helpful to relieve the pain after labor.
- Lung Improvements: Bamboo shoots make the lung stronger than before and enhance its functioning due to the wide range of vitamins. Eating bamboo shoots the proper way can help one in easing breathing problems.
However, in case of allergies and stomach problems, bamboo shoots should be eaten according to the rules, say nutritionists.
An important thing here is that those who suffer from friendship problems will benefit from playing bamboo shoots. The memories of childhood sure bring back pictures of kids playing with shoots and enjoying their time to the fullest.
Bamboo stalks rich in taste and nutrition can be found in various super shops or big markets of the country at a reasonable price.
Bamboo shoots are delicious as a food item, no doubt. But what we tried to focus on here was the medicinal values of bamboo shoots. For a healthy and balanced life, one should always emphasize consuming a proper diet.